Thursday 5 March 2015

Work Diary - Fifth Shoot

Evaluation

This shoot unfortunately went very wrong, it was my first attempt at shooting portraits and personal possessions. However, the studio lights were not cooperating with my camera, and the table was too high for me to see what the camera was actually taking. After trying over and over again to fix the issues with the shoot, I managed to produce two presentable images which i could put together, to make one image of a model and their personal possessions. 




These are the two images which i chose out of the entire shoot to produce a final edit. Even though i took many photographs, these were the two which came out the best as the lighting and positioning is correct, whereas in other photos it wasn't.


This is the edit which i produced. I put the portrait of the model, above his possessions. I like this idea because it shows the person, and then it shows his identity through his belongings. So, even though we can see his face, we only really get to know him through his possessions. 

Progression

For my next shoot, I plan to retake photographs for this shoot and make it easier, so that it actually works. For instance, i plan to use A3 white card instead of a table, so that i am able to position the camera easily as it will be the right level. I will also use a tripod to take the portraits, so that the camera stays still and at the same height, and this will make it easier for me to position the camera and zoom appropriately. I plan to take 2 photos for each person, one of them, and one of their possessions. I will then edit them together, like the one above. I aim to do this for at least 5 people. This shoot and the next shoot i complete were influenced by these images which i found on the internet: 







No comments:

Post a Comment