Thursday 12 March 2015

Work Diary - Seventh Shoot

Evaluation 

This was a quick shoot to begin the concept of shooting people with their most prized possessions. For this shoot, i used the studio and had to use a self-timer to take self portraits. I myself, posed with my camera and my phone. I also took photos of other people, with their phones, wallets, cigarettes, tablets etc. However, i want to further this shoot and use various objects such as sunglasses, headphones, photos etc. This concept interests me and i'd like to further the idea into a location shoot as well. Although i didn't produce many photographs for this shoot alone, I think i can explore the concept on a wider scale, and create better and more photos in the future. 


This is a portrait of myself holding my camera. I like this image because i have aligned the camera, using a tripod, so that i fit the frame. I also like that the concept of this image is about my camera, my most prized possession. I have emphasized this by facing my camera directly at the studio camera, as though i am taking a photo of it. I also covered my face with my camera so that we solely focus on the main subject: which is my camera. 


This is a portrait of a model, holding a packet of cigarettes whilst pretending to light one. I captured the model naturally whilst she lifted the lighter up to the end of the cigarette. This allowed me to capture her natural expression. I also like that there are three objects in this image which all relate to the same purpose: the packet, the cigarette and the lighter. This emphasizes what the image is about. 

Progression 

As this was only a quick shoot, I'd like to re-take these images as well as shoot more new images in the studio, to further this concept. This will allow me to use different objects as well as more, and different people. I plan to also create a multiple imagery of my favourite possessions, such as my polaroid camera, my phone, an old photo, my favourite book etc. This will allow me to show all of my favourite possessions through one image, and will also reveal some aspects of my 'identity.' After i have done this shoot, i will continue this idea in a location shoot. These are the photos on the internet which have influenced my next shoot:






No comments:

Post a Comment