Wednesday 11 March 2015

Work Diary - Sixth Shoot

Evaluation


I enjoyed this shoot because I was able to develop new skills and use different equipment that i havent used before. For instance, I had to take a self portrait, and had to figure out the self timer on my camera. I also used a tri-pod for the portrait part of the shoot so that each image was straight and the model fitted the frame. As i was shooting in the studio, i had to use the big lights for the flashes, and that meant that i had to sync my camera flash to the light boxes. Whilst shooting the 'possession' objects, i used an A3 sheet of paper instead of a table, so that i was able to see what the photo looked like whilst i was taking it, and it was easier for me to position the camera, myself and the objects. I also changed the angle of the light boxes so they were much closer to the objects, which intensified the lighting so that the background (the A3 sheet of paper) was completely white. The only difficulty with this part of the process was that i had to make sure i was taking the photos from the same distance and angle, as i wasn't using a tri-pod for this part. I also had to tie up my hair because it was falling down in front of the lens. Overall, this shoot was completely different to any other shoots i have done, and i really enjoyed co-operating with more people (as i had to use more than one model). 





















The images above are the outcome of this shoot. I used various models, including both genders and made sure each person possessed very different objects so that it was clear and obvious, which objects belonged to which person in the photos. I have chosen to include these two images because they are my favourite. This is because in the photo on the left, the positioning of the objects signifies that the model is quite careless, as he hadn't placed his objects in any particular way. Whereas, the photo on the right, shows that the model placed and positioned the objects carefully. We can also see a clear difference between the objects, and the amount that a male carries, and what a female carries. I enjoyed taking these photos, as well as the editing process of putting each portrait with the possessions, and i am pleased with the result.

Progression 

In my next shoot, i plan to use the studio to take portraits of people with their most prized possessions. For instance, I will take a self portrait whilst i'm holding my own camera or my phone. I will also use various models to pose with their most valued possessions which could be a camera, their phone, cigarettes, makeup, glasses etc. This will continue with the possession project, but will allow me to focus on the people themselves rather than just their own possessions. I will also use a similar concept for a location shoot, after i have taken this shoot. I have been influenced by these images from the internet:





No comments:

Post a Comment